At Aaron & Son Plumbing & Drain Services we know having a plumber on speed dial is not common. As a family owned and operated business for more than 45 years, we’ve heard it all from our clients, and now we want to help you, our future clients, avoid many of the pitfalls associated with finding the right plumber to keep you home functioning and your family cozy and safe.
A burst pipe, leaking appliance or backed-up drain is not the time to get to know your local plumbing professional. The definition of an emergency is a serious, unexpected, and often dangerous situation requiring immediate action – and we understand it’s difficult to plan for an emergency. But it’s worth spending some time deciding what you’ll do and know what is important to you before you invite someone into your home, especially in an emergency. Here are a few guidelines to help determine your best option:
- When you call a plumber, know who is talking. It is important to make sure you are speaking to a licensed plumber and not a dispatch centre.
- Look for 24-hour emergency plumbing services so you’re not without hot water or heat for the weekend.
- Make sure they are licensed and carry full insurance.
- Ask for how long they have been in business – reputable companies should last.
- Ask about their guarantee – plumbers with great belief in their performance standards stand behind them.
- Plumbers usually charge either by the hour or by the job. When a plumber charges by the hour, you pay for exactly the amount of time and materials the plumber needs to complete your repair. However, when a plumber charges you a flat rate, you pay a predetermined amount based on the maximum amount of time and materials, which is well over the normal amount. For example, whether the job takes 20 minutes or 2 hours—since you’re not paying the actual costs of labour and materials—flat-rate pricing ultimately costs you, the customer, more money. Don’t let flat rates fool you. If they don’t give you a quote over the phone, don’t let them in your house.
When shopping for a plumber, always go with a name you can trust. At Aaron & Son Plumbing & Drain Services, we’re family owned. Our pricing is fair and upfront. No commissions. No franchise fees.
Planning before you panic over a plumbing disaster and doing some research ahead of time ensures you won’t end up just going with the first plumbing company that calls you back when a pipe bursts in the night. At Aaron & Son Plumbing & Drain Services we have built our reputation on our depth of experience, excellent workmanship, and great customer service with guaranteed 24 hours, 7 days a week emergency plumbing service.
Our plumbers in Aurora, Richmond Hill, and surrounding areas of York Region will come to you fully equipped with the tools and parts necessary to handle even the biggest jobs efficiently. Call today for more information!